Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let's do this thing!





















Ok, so here we go. I have been asked many times by many people to give out or write down recipes. Of course I never have a problem with this but it can often be difficult to verbally relate such things as technique and the subtleties of flavor, aroma, doneness, etc. Hopefully by posting pics and giving some step by step instruction I can better express the nature of the dish.

Essentially my purpose in joining the blogosphere is to share with the world my passion for food and culture. I will be passing along recipes, techniques, ingredient information, sources for authentic foods, cultural tidbits and whatever else strikes my fancy. Essentially geeking out on food! I am a strong proponent for the local, seasonal, sustainable food system that we have strayed so far from in this country (much more on that to follow). Anyway hope you all enjoy and feel free to comment, especially with questions and potential postings.

I am posting a few pics from a dinner Kelly and I recently presented at Plank restaurant upon his return from LA. We utilized some great seasonal and artisan ingredients including some Piedmontese black truffles that Kelly purchased from some Argentinians out of the back of an SUV in a LA alleyway! Black market baby!! Buen Provecho...

6 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, Boswine.

    I can't wait to get some tips and recipes from the expert. I hope you "feature" some inexpensive wines you've come across as well.

    Is it too early to start suggesting some old school fav's (hello, Nappa Salad!)???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh...i could totally do the wine part! good idea JP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland! Might make me cook something healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will there be anything in the way of Chips and Salsa my dear brotha?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock! We've known it for a long time...and now the rest of the world can, too!

    ReplyDelete